Client Engagement Portal (2020)
This is a web application to map batches of Revature associates with client who may be interesting in hiring them. The photos above are markups/wireframes I created for each page I was responsible for. More detailed information about the project itself can be in the github links above. My responsibilities were the following:
- As one of the Style Captains I kept the SCSS consistent throughout the front end.
- Drew mock ups for each of the client pages.
- Created the logo for this application as an .svg file.
- Encrypted the database url, username, and password on the back end using Jasypt.
- Created the “batch cards” which represent the individual batches tied to a client.
- Implemented a “batchstate” using the Flux design pattern to temporarily store batch data in the store.
- Gathered data from our mock-up database to populate the “batch cards” I created.
- Allowed information about a specific batch populate the fields of our “batch view” page.
- Tested my front end React components using Enzyme and Jest.
- Kept track of the application’s progress using GitHub’s “projects” tab and Asana.
This project, like all of them really, was a great learning experience. While I was very focused on the front-end in my mochi circle project, this project let me go wild. I became very familiar with React, typescript, and git by the end of it. While communication wasn’t as strong as it was was working in a smaller team, using githubs “projects” management board system and Asana were very helpful.